Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II Mirrorless Cameras Announced:
For those interested, The Nikon Z6 II and the Nikon Z7 II have been announced, and can be pre-ordered below. I’m also done with reviewing the Nikon Z5, and will be posting it soon.
Here are some of the specs for the Z6 II:
- A 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor (Z6 II) and a 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor (Z7 II)
- 14 fps, ISO 60-51200 (Z6 II), and 10 fps, ISO 64-25600 (Z7II)
- Dual EXPEED 6 image processors.
- Updated autofocus now includes Eye and Face Detection for humans and animals in the Wide-Area AF mode, for both photo and video recording.
- Timed long exposure shooting is now possible for up to 15 minutes without an external remote.
- Dual memory card slots; one CFexpress Type B, and one SD UHS-II slot.
- In-camera charging or continuous power for on-the-go charging or extended shooting with USB Type-C.
- You can switch the rotation direction of the focus ring on lenses.
- Support for HDR (HLG) mode when recording externally gives instant HDR-suitable video files for immediate playback. N-Log is also available during post-production and grading.
- UHD 4K 60p recording will be added in a future firmware update, in addition to the current 30p frame rate.
- Eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, allowing the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade is coming in early 2021.
- You can use SnapBridge to wirelessly update the camera’s firmware instead of relying on a memory card-based system.
- Updated creative shooting modes: Multiple Exposure, in-camera Timelapse recording, and 20 different Picture Control settings. There is also a Focus Shift mode for recording up to 300 sequential frames with the focus position shifted between exposures for focus stacking applications.
- Optional MB-N11 Power Battery Pack for more battery life and better handling.