Zeiss ZX1 Digital Camera Pre-Order Available:
For those interested, the Zeiss ZX1 digital camera is finally available for pre-order. Here’s a little of the background: the ZX1 is a full frame camera with built-in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, which allows the user to do in-camera editing via a large touch screen display. With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a USB Type-C port, you can share the photos immediately. The price for all of this? a whopping $6,000. Just to compare, a Leica Q2 is $4,995, and a Sony RX1R II is $3,298. The link is below for those interested or want more info:
Here are some of the specs:
- 37.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor.
- Integrated Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC.
- ZEISS Distagon T* 35mm f/2 Lens.
- Leaf shutter design provides flash sync at all shutter speeds up to 1/1000 sec. It’s also great for those moments when you need to be discreet.
- Physical shutter speed and ISO dials.
- Wide sensitivity range of ISO 80-51200.
- 4.34″ rear touchscreen LCD display.
- High-resolution 0.7″ OLED electronic viewfinder has a Full HD resolution along with a 0.74x magnification.
- several ways to connect for offloading images ranging from Wi-Fi, Bluetooth to a USB Type-C connector.
- Hybrid phase-/contrast-detection autofocus system.
- Hot shoe is compatible with the Sigma TTL flash protocol.
- Integrated 512GB SSD allows for storing a photos, and movie files without the need to swap memory cards. Files can be organized into different collections in the ZX1 for easier navigation.
- You can do automatic backups to your own NAS system. Remote access to the files is also available from wherever you’re located.
- You can download firmware updates over-the-air (OTA), and installed while on the move.