Leica M Typ 240 Firmware Update Version 220.127.116.11:
Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I recently overexerted myself and hurt my back when I went fishing. Fishing, out of all the things in the world…but it wasn’t really the fishing. It was rowing the boat through most of the reservoir where I fish :). Anyway, there is a new firmware update for those who own the Leica M Typ 240. According to Leica, firmware version 18.104.22.168 will help with:
Improved performance of the white balance
- The accuracy of the white balance presets and the auto white balance function is higher with version 22.214.171.124. This results in better skin tones and better general colour rendering.
Improved Video quality
- The visibility of compression artifacts is reduced due to lower video compression.
- For coded Leica lenses, the image homogeneity (colour shift) has been improved.
- Improved stability using Live View, both with and without EVF-2
- Issue with display settings in combination with “Sharpness high” – fixed
- Issue with exposures after switching the camera on – fixed
- The “Auto Power Off” function showed unexpected behavior – fixed
- The recording dates for video files have been incorrect occasionally – fixed
- Issue with Copyright and Artist Information in EXIF Data – fixed
- Improvement of general system stability
- Several minor bug fixes
You can download firmware version 126.96.36.199 for your M 240 HERE
The new firmware seems like a worthwhile update. I’m probably going to download the new firmware for my Leica M 240 later on but for those who have already downloaded it, and tried it out on their cameras, feel free to drop a comment below, and tell us what you all think. Thanks for visiting!