Fujifilm X-Series XF 50mm f1 R WR Lens Announced:
Fuji has finally released its fastest X Series lens so far: the XF 50mm f1 R WR lens. This is a 76mm equivalent lens making it perfect for street, event, and of course, portrait photographers. You can bet the bokeh is going to be killer too. For those interested, it is now available for pre-order, and you can find the link below:
Here are some of the features:
- 76mm equivalent focal length.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations.
- Super EBC coating has to help reduce lens flare and ghosting.
- Weather-resistant design prevents dust and moisture from getting into the lens.
- Can be used in freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm.
- Weight is 845 g.
This looks like it’ll be a fun lens to use, and I can’t wait to test it out. I imagine this will be a dream lens for some. I’d be especially interested to see how it compares to my XF 56mm f1.2 APD. Who knows, maybe the XF 50mm will replacing my XF 56mm f1.2 APD in the near future. The only thing is it might be a bit too large and heavy for some. But then again, this is an f1, short tele equivalent lens with autofocus, and probably decent optics, so an increase in size and weight is to be expected. What do all of you think? Is the XF 50mm f1 R WR lens something you can see in your bag? Let me know below. Thanks for stopping by!