Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera Announced!:
As some of you know, I use a SL, so I am a huge L mount fan. I was so happy to hear about the Sigma fp when it was originally rumored. Now, it is finally announced. At $1,899, the price is decent as well considering it’s full frame, and it’s so compact! You can get the kit with the awesome 45mm f2.8 for $2,199, and save yourself $249 in the process. It’s a great lens, I reviewed it here.
The Sigma fp starts shipping near the end of October.
Details and pics below:
- 24.6MP Full-Frame BSI Bayer CMOS sensor.
- Full time electronic shutter.
- Electronic shutter provides a maximum resolution for raw and JPEG files of 6000 x 4000 and a shooting rate of 18 fps.
- 14-bit color depth.
- L mount compatible.
- 49-Point AF System.
- UHD 4K30p Video with 12-Bit CinemaDNG.
- Base sensitivity of ISO 100-25600 can be expanded to ISO 6-102400.
- Durable die-cast aluminum body.
- Designed and inspired by those used on professional cinema cameras, a large heat sink is mounted between the camera body and LCD display.
- Dust and splash proof.
- Dimensions: 4.43 x 2.75 x 1.78″ / 112.6 x 69.9 x 45.3 mm.
- The fp is fitted with 1/4″-20 threads for both the strap holder on sides of the body and for a tripod. This adds more versatility from mounting it on a tripod in portrait orientation with the fixing removed, to attaching a strap for use in portrait orientation after screwing the fixing into the hole on the base.
- “Fill Light”, which was only available in Sigma Photo Pro software, has now been incorporated into the body of fp.
- Teal and orange color grading, which can be used in Still Mode and Cine Mode.
- Face detection.
- Focus peaking.
I can’t wait to try this camera out. It looks like it’ll be a lot of fun. For more info or to pre-order it, you can find it below. It starts shipping at the end of October: