Leica SL2 Firmware Update 2.0 With New 187MP Multishot Feature:
Leica has released firmware update 2.0 for the SL2, and I’m definitely excited about this one. I’ve been waiting for this for a while, and I can’t wait to try out the new 187MP Multishot feature with those SL lenses :). I think this will be a lot of fun :). For those who have a Leica SL2, you can download firmware update 2.0 below:
Here are a list of the features in this new update:
- Multishot: Users can create 187MP photos. You’ll get one photo taken at normal resolution (47MP), and one at high resolution (187MP).
- Video Menu GUI improved: In the submenus of the video mode, a white highlighted header shows that the user operates in video mode.
- AF field size setting improved: The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the AF field.
- SD-Card naming: The card will be named “Leica SL2”, after it is formatted.
Here are the bug fixes:
- Detection of M lenses: 6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all time with the M-Adapter L.
- Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting: In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.
- Correction of the focus distance value of feet: The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.
- Connectivity enhancements with App and Image Shuttle: General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.
So what do all of you think? For those who own an Leica SL2, are you planning to use this feature? I’m sure going to give it a try very soon :). I think overall, this is a worthwhile firmware update. Thanks for stopping by!